Open houses at the observatory are the responsibility of Stargazers. We welcome anyone and everyone at these events, and hope to see you there!
Dates for Fall 2016 Open Houses:
- 27th August 2016 (Saturday): 5.30 PM – 7.30 PM
- 8th September 2016 (Thursday): 8.00 PM – 10.00 PM
- 28th September 2016 (Wednesday): 7.30 PM – 9.30 PM
- 18th October 2016 (Tuesday): 7.00 PM – 9.00 PM
- 26th October 2016 (Wednesday): 6.30 PM – 8.30 PM
- 14th November 2016 (Monday): 4.30 PM – 6.30 PM
- 13th December 2016 (Tuesday): 4.30 PM – 6.30 PM
Note: in the case of inclement weather, the alternative date is the following day at the same time.
The observatory is located at the University farm. To get there, take Franklin St. south until you reach LaHarpe St. Then turn right, go all the way up the hill, and cross the highway onto the gravel path. Park in the small lot to the left at the end of the driveway. You should see some red lights down another gravel path; this is where the observatory is located. Walk down this path and you’ll be there!
To see what’s in the sky this month, click here.
To see a lunar phase calendar, click here.
To visit the observatory’s website, click here.