Open Houses at the observatory are the responsibility of Stargazers. We welcome anyone and everyone at these events. Hope to see you there!
Next Open House: Spring 2017
Dates for Spring 2017 Open Houses:
- 23rd Feb 2017 (Thursday): 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- 8th March 2017 (Wednesday) 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- 20th March 2017 (Monday) 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- 4th April 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- 19th April 2017 (Wednesday) 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- 9th May 2017 (Tuesday) 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
Note: in the case of inclement weather, the alternative date is the following day at the same time.
The observatory is located at the University farm. To get there, take S Franklin St. until you reach LaHarpe St. Then turn right, go all the way up the hill, and cross the highway onto the gravel path. Park in the small lot to the left at the end of the driveway. You should see some red lights down another gravel path; this is where the observatory is located. Walk down this path and you’ll be there!
To see what’s in the sky this month, click here.
To see a lunar phase calendar, click here.
To visit the observatory’s website, click here.
To visit the planetarium’s website, click here.
Also, please visit and like our public Facebook page here!