Open Houses at the observatory are the responsibility of Stargazers. We welcome anyone and everyone at these events. Hope to see you there!
Next Open House: 19th September 2017 (Tuesday)
Dates for Fall 2017 Open Houses:
- 19th September 2017 (Tuesday): 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- 27th September 2017 (Wednesday) 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- 16th October 2017 (Monday) 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- 26th October 2017 (Thursday) 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- 15th November 2017 (Wednesday) 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- 12th December 2017 (Tuesday) 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Note: in the case of inclement weather, the alternative date is the following day at the same time.
If you want to view a graphic representation of the calendar, click here:
If you want to download the events from the google calendar onto your own calendar, click here:
The observatory is located at the University farm. To get there, take S Franklin St. until you reach LaHarpe St. Then turn right, go all the way up the hill, and cross the highway onto the gravel path. Park in the small lot to the left at the end of the driveway. You should see some red lights down another gravel path; this is where the observatory is located. Walk down this path and you’ll be there!
To see what’s in the sky this month, click here.
To see a lunar phase calendar, click here.
To visit the observatory’s website, click here.
To visit the planetarium’s website, click here.
Also, please visit and like our public Facebook page here!